LPDA was responsible for the master planning, hardscape and landscape design of an athletic park and recreation area for York County. The sports complex is located at Harwood Mill Reservoir and serves the growing needs for athletic facilities within the county. The park also provides for future expansion of four multiuse fields.
LPDA’s master planning services were integrated into a highly participatory process that identified user needs, program elements, materials and maintenance requirements. The resulting master plan options were driven by the sites unique characteristics, including multiple wetlands, utility easements, buffers and flight line restrictions. Despite all the site constraints, the final plan was able to meet the client’s desired program.
The park includes the following program:
– Five little league fields
– One softball & baseball field
– Eight multiuse recreation fields
– Multiple parking facilities
– Integrated pedestrian walk system
– Integrated water quality features and preserve areas
– Maintenance facility Size: 70+ acres Cost: $17,000,000